Sunday 13 April 2014

Next round of FiT quota allocation next month

Next round of FiT quota allocation next month

Updated: Saturday April 12, 2014 MYT 7:38:38 AM 

K.K.Kong of EcoSensa Technologies Sdn Bhd (1st from left), Badriyah (second from right) and Ali (3rd from right) with participants at a briefing yesterday.
PUTRAJAYA: The next round of feed-in-tariff (FiT) quota allocation for homeowners and small-scale renewable energy (RE) projects, that includes biogas and mini-hydro, will start from May 2.

The Sustainable Energy Development Authority Malaysia (SEDA) will also allow, for the first time, community places such as schools, mosques, churches and welfare homes to apply for FiT quotas.
“We expect to receive about 100 applications from the community category,” Seda chief executive officer Datin Badriyah Abdul Malek told reporters on the sidelines of a briefing.

Previously, this group had to compete for quotas in the commercial category.
Seda has allocated a quota of five megawatts this year for the community category, with maximum size of 24 kilowatts per site.
Seda is offering 65 MW in RE quota for 2014.
More than half of the allocation is reserved for solar. The four RE resources that are eligible for FiT are biogas, biomass, small hydropower and solar photovoltaic.
The FiT programme is funded by electricity consumers who contribute 1% of their total power bill towards the Renewable Energy Fund.
To improve efficiency, the fund plans to stop paying the additional 26 sen per kilowatt incentive that was previously enjoyed by homeowners who replaced their rooftops with special solar panels.
“Seda is seriously considering to totally remove this particular bonus for the installation of solar PV as building materials or also known as building integrated photovoltaic next year,” said chief operating officer Dr Ali Aska Sher Mohamad.
 

1 comment:

  1. Halo,I'm Helena Julio from Ecuador,I want to talk good about Le_Meridian Funding Service on this topic.Le_Meridian Funding Service gives me financial support when all bank in my city turned down my request to grant me a loan of 500,000.00 USD, I tried all i could to get a loan from my banks here in Ecuador but they all turned me down because my credit was low but with god grace I came to know about Le_Meridian so I decided to give a try to apply for the loan. with God willing they grant me  loan of 500,000.00 USD the loan request that my banks here in Ecuador has turned me down for, it was really awesome doing business with them and my business is going well now. Here is Le_Meridian Funding Investment Email/WhatsApp Contact if you wish to apply loan from them.Email:lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.comWhatsApp Contact:+1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete